Wednesday 31 October 2012


 Aside from the joy I receive daily from just waking to another day, hmmm maybe not every day just yet? I still have moments of finding the wrong side of the bed!!!

There are two major influences in my life; the first is nature and all things natural, second music in all its art forms.

Every day I seem to discover something new in nature, sometimes it’s just simply noticing further detail in a flower I thought I already knew, looking at nature with fresh eyes and an open mind each day is probably my greatest joy.  To be with nature is to truly be with oneself, observing with a feeling of connection , watching that little Kingfisher return to the tree branch daily I feel like he just popped in to say Hi on his way home.

From the beat of a single drum too the sound of a full blown orchestra playing Beethoven’s 9th Symphony, music in all its glory has always been a true inspiration for me. Indeed I have had some of my most inventive moments come through while listening to music, in fact as I type there is the beautiful sound of Jazz playing to me in this case it’s Silje Nergaard’s mesmerising tones.

So the inspiration flows to the photos I take to capture a moment in time, then add words that somehow fit the image, these sometimes quotes as above, other times the words just seem to come from within.

I share this as a small introduction of the perspective I view life from.

No comments:

Post a Comment